Well, I did it! I picked the kids up from school dressed as Santa.
I have to admit I did have a few moments where I was thinking:
'Are YOU insane?'
but....over all I had fun!
Here I am rockin' it in my Santa suit.
Alright..well, I have seen better Santa's and I have looked better myself.
Of course it worked out to be the hottest day of the year here and I was HOT!
Not hot as in good looking but HOT as in sweating!
Here were my helpers!
Now the kids reactions:
- One daughter just could not believe I went through with it and kept shaking her head.
- My older son quietly came up behind me, gently placed his hand in my shoulder the day before and said 'I don't mind Mum' and walked off.
- The three little helpers thought it was great fun and loved it.
- Another daughter could not wipe the smile off her face the whole way home in the car.
- The other cars on the way to school did a double take as I drove past them.
- The kids at school - stopped to stare, waved and smiled, and some just swore!
- My older son when I arrived at the school wanted me to get out of the car to hand out candy canes and to act like a 'real Santa'.
- The neighbours across the road had a good laugh as they saw me leave.
- The teachers on duty thought it was a hoot!
So my fun Christmas activity of trying to have some fun with the kids went really well.
Don't think I ever need to do that again - but it is something they will always remember.