Having a blog brings interesting experiences and opportunities. One such experience came my way recently when I was invited by Nude by Nature to celebrate the FIRST Sydney appearance of newly crowned Miss Universe Australia 2011, Scherrie-Lee Biggs. She is 20 years old, comes from Perth and is a Communications student. Nude by Nature is the official make up sponsor of the Pageant and was hosting the event.
I was unable to attend the day but was able to get the lovely Dionne to ask Scherrie-Lee how she finds happiness in her life and if she would share some happiness tips with us here at Seven Cherubs.
Here are the ways Miss Universe Australia finds happiness in her life:
1. Socialising. I keep my family and friends very close to me. Their love and support is important and I wouldn’t be able to do any of this without them. Simple time spent with them is best, like having a coffee with my mum or going shopping with my little sister. Helping them through issues they may have going on in their lives detracts from any stresses I’m experiencing and puts things into perspective.
2. Sun. Coming from sunny Pert, nothing makes me happier than a beautiful sunny day! I love outdoor activities and getting fresh air. When I feel frazzled, a walk along the coast at home is sure to clear my head. Although, I am pretty careful when I am outside. I wear 30+ sunscreen and I love a beautiful wide brimmed hat (they don’t have to be daggy).
3. Exercise. Nothing alleviates stress more or releases endorphins more than exercise. Sometimes it just takes that extra push in the morning to get up and go and do it, but afterwards you feel so much better and can get so much more done in your day.
4. Enjoying the simple things. I’m very big on taking the time to appreciate all the things I am fortunate enough to have. You’re going to laugh but at home I actually have a book labelled “Scherri’s Appreciation book”. In it I have stuck pictures of my family and friends, my morning coffee, leaves from the bushland nearby and shells from the beach down the road, plus many, many more things. When I feel a bit grumpy with it all and life, I just open my book to see all the things I should be very grateful for.
5. Affection. I am fairly affectionate and without affection I am pretty sure I couldn’t go on. Haha! I am affectionate with everyone in my life. For example I still hold my little sisters hand in public. she used to fight it, but now she has just given in. I just need that simple contact and I am comfortable.
Scherrie-Lee is off on an amazing adventure and I so hope she finds the time to snatch some moments of happiness amongst her busy schedule and I really appreciate her taking the time to share her thoughts here on Seven Cherubs.
If you are interested you can also check out her beauty tips HERE.
You can check out Nude by Nature:
shop / facebook / twitter
Nude by Nature are a proud Australian made and owned company that provides a long wearing, water resistant, flawless complexion without the talc, bismuth or parabens that are used in most other major brands. The mild formulations mean Nude by Nature is perfect for even the most sensitive of skins. Every skin, on every face can now benefit from one of the most beautiful brands available.
*I was not paid in any way for this post.