My sweet Harmony had a birthday recently.
She turned the special age of eight.
For her birthday she wanted an eight cake, a freckle eight cake I might add. Freckles being one of my favourite chocolates, I of course had no problem creating one. One freckle for the cake, one freckle for me...you get the picture! We had a small family birthday this year and celebrated Harmony being baptised into our church. It was a special event and I was amazed at how grown up Harmony has become.
In keeping with tradition here are eight reasons why I love Harmony:
1. I love that she is friendly. She has a wonderful group of friends at school and I always see her giggling and laughing and having a fun time with them.
2. I love that she is active. Harmony spends a lot of her time outside riding on her scooter or playing under our veranda and keeping busy.
3. I love that is motivated to do her school work. This girl is self motivated to get her homework done and generally does an awesome job at staying on top of her assignments. She loves to learn and read and is excited to have work to do after school.
4. I love her smile. She is just so naturally beautiful and when she smiles it makes my heart melt.
5. I love that even though she is very shy, when she wants to do something, she is brave. I have been amazed to see her sing in front of large groups of people with confidence and brilliance, having never heard her sing the song at home as she was too shy to sing in front of us!
6. I love that she is caring. When one of her brothers or sisters is hurt she kindly brings them inside and takes care of them until the situation is sorted out. Unfortunately with so many brothers and sisters she has had a lot of practice with this and has a great routine worked out to help everyone involved!
7. I love that Harmony is silly. As I am often busy and serious most days, I love that she encourages me to see the lighter side of life. She helps me to laugh and to have fun.
8. I love that she does not care about living up to her name Harmony and if she does not like something she speaks out. She has confidence in her opinion and is very happy to share it.
Happy Birthday Gorgeous Girl!