My handsome son is now twelve.
He wanted a suit for his birthday to wear to church.
I of course was very happy to purchase one.
He looks so grown up and my heart bursts just looking at him.
Below is me telling him he looks handsome.
We just missed catching the eye rolling that took place!
He is catching me on the height aspect and I am so impressed with the young man he has grown into.
In keeping with tradition, here are my twelve things I love about Nathan:
1. He is sports crazy. I love his motivation and desire to be active.
2. He loves to read and we have a great time chatting about books together.
3. He is an awesome big brother and is teaching Sam and Eli wonderful sports skills. I am amazed at how patient he is with them and loves to play backyard cricket with them.
4. He has an amazing memory and I love it when he gets frustrated with me because I cannot remember facts like he does. It makes me smile because deep down I know he loves that he is smarter than me.
5. I love it when he sings. I know he is happy when he is singing.
6. He is a good spin bowler. I like to tease him and call him a chucker instead.
7. I love that he can speak from his heart. He can share how he is feeling, especially when he is hurt or upset and I feel touched when he shares these thoughts with me.
8. Nathan is funny. The older he gets the more delight I take in seeing his personality and sense of humour develop. He has a very dry sense of humour. I love it!
9. He is a good dancer. He has rhythm and knows how to bust a cool move around the house.
10. He is determined. He knows how to set a goal and to make it happen. Just about everything Nathan has put his mind to has come to pass and he does not let anything stand in his way.
11. I love that Nathan is helpful. Whenever I ask him to help me out he always responds with, 'Yes Mum' and comes to help me out. It makes a huge difference to my day and I appreciate his support in our family.
12. I love his gorgeous smile, handsome face and twinkle in his eye when he is being cheeky.
Happy Birthday my wonderful young man!