This year I am on my last year of displaying kids kindy craft art projects.
You know like the one cleverly, crafted and created above.
I have a love/hate relationship with these projects.
Love that my kids were creative, hate trying to fit them into my home!
I have seen my fair share of awesome (sometimes hard to love) craft projects come into my home.
I have also used many different techniques to display them so my cherubs feel special.
Here are my tops ideas for displaying kids craft art projects:
1. The good old fridge. I don't know of any child who does not love their art work on the fridge. Super easy and seen everyday by everyone in the family.
2. Pin up board. This can be placed anywhere around the house. In the kids bedroom, play room or any family room so that it can be seen and appreciated by everyone.
3. Hang them on wire with pegs to display in rows on a wall in your home. If you have a large family or very creative children this is a great idea to create a dedicated space for displaying the kids art work.
4. A clothes airer. Just like they use in kindergartens. Bring the kindy home by displaying it outside under a veranda or in another room. Great as it can easily be folded away at anytime and also be used for the washing! Double role!
5. Display them in frames. Putting your cherubs art work up on a wall in a frame around the home helps them feel special and highlights the great work that they have done.
6. Open display scrapbook on the kitchen table. A way to keep artwork finger safe under protective sleeves and it can be referred to as the child's special art book that can be talked about during dinner.
7. One of my favourite things we have done is to lay down art work all over our kitchen table and to then cover with a clear plastic table covering so that it is see through and protected. Makes a fun table decoration and the kids can look at whenever they are sitting at the table. Great way for extended family or friends visiting to also see what art work has been created without it being destroyed.
8. For larger craft or art projects I sit them on our bookshelf or even on a hall table to be displayed and looked at. This way they are in sight of my cherubs until the time comes that they need to be disposed of for the next craft or art project because we can only have one craft project per child on display you know!
In my lounge room I have two large frames I picked up cheap that I have filled with my cherubs art work. It really brightens my room and everyone comments on it when they come in our home. My cherubs love that we have highlighted the great work that they have done. I also have a cottage looking coat hanger that hangs in my lounge (to the left in this picture above) where I can hang and display art work. At the moment it is showing off an awesome creation of Matt that Sam and Eli made.
By the way the large craft project in the first picture above that Liberty is holding is sitting in our hallway near the umbrellas and shoes until I can sneak it into the bin. Cute project but a little large for my liking!
How do you display your kids craft art projects?